At Vanco, we serve those who enrich our communities. Vanco provides businesses, nonprofits and educational organizations a complete range of payment solutions and administrative software. Our solutions make payment processing simple and ease administrative burdens for faith-based groups, nonprofits and schools. We are a software payments company for community organizations, and every transaction tells a story.
An important part of who we are is our Vanco Values in Action. At Vanco, our employees:
- Clearly Care
- Own It
- Have Grit
Our Lead Software Engineer - Team Lead (SE/TL) directs and leads a software development scrum team. They act as team agile scrum master as well as supervise SE/SSE level developers and testers. They work with the entire Product Team in an Agile environment to ensure alignment of priorities and increments of value are ready to deliver each sprint. Our SE/TL mentors, trains and coaches their development team and is seen as a respected and respectful leader on the team. They will be responsible for staff performance reviews as well as helping, encouraging, mentoring, and coaching developers through career path aspirations.
Our Lead SE/TL will also mentor, train, and coach developers outside of the team, establishing standardized methodologies and championing Agile-focused approaches to the Software Development Life Cycle to encourage a mindset of continuous improvement and embracing change. They will be responsible for effectively analyzing complex problems and be recognized as a subject matter expert in multiple areas of the product suite performing risk and impact analysis and recommend solutions by balancing the competing interests of simplicity, thoroughness, consistency, and innovation. They will have an advanced level of understanding of multiple products and able to analyze how new features and functionality will impact customers, the application, the system, and nonadjacent applications. They will understand and communicate to various levels of leadership the risks to timelines and expectations and will lead and direct technical design for products that affect their own team.
Due to our growth, Vanco is looking for a Lead Software Engineer - Team Lead to join a New Shared Services team. The Shared Services team will use modern cloud and mobile technologies to build mobile and web applications, frameworks and apis that can be shared across the Vanco Product Portfolio as well as used by external partners. In this role, you would join our collaborative, forward-thinking development team that supports our Education, Non-Profit and Faith-Based products.
This role can be based in either our Bloomington, MN office, our Atlanta, GA Office, or Remote within the U.S.
What you’ll be doing:
- Works closely with the Product Owner and the Product Team to understand, scope and define the story objectives and context
- Works closely with Quality Assurance Engineers and Product Owners to define and refine acceptance criteria and ensure the product is tested successfully
- Supports TechOps by being responsive and actively prioritizing issues and championing tactical low risk fixes balanced against long term fixes for any critical or high priority issues
- Collaborates with, learns from, mentors, trains and coaches developers and testers inside and outside the team to ensure high code and application quality including code reviews, pairing, refining code standards, etc.
- Identifies needs for, develops, maintains, reviews, and approves technical and non-technical documentation
- Proactively helps remove roadblocks for the team
- Champions code reviews and pair programming on all changes
- Mentors, trains, and coaches on quality and agile processes best practices
- Supports any critical or high priority issues post-production deployment
- Conduct 1:1s with team focused on concerns, performance and career progression
- Conduct quarterly performance reviews for team, setting goals, seeking wider feedback and support/coaching staff through performance
- Partner with manager and HR to complete necessary employee relations activities in accordance with company policy
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Who you are:
- Expert understanding of software development life cycle (SDLC) and software development best practices, including Agile methodology
- Actively leads and directs in all Product Team events and ensures others actively engage
- Champions a mindset of continuous improvement and is adaptable to changing conditions and priorities
- Ensures team values are defined and retrospectives are held, engaging, and followed up on
- Ability to understand and can communicate to various levels of leadership the criticality of defects, roadblocks, security vulnerabilities, and degradation of application performance
- Ability to effectively analyze complex problems within a product suite, perform risk and impact analysis, and recommend solutions by balancing the competing interests of simplicity, thoroughness, consistency and innovation
- Expert level of understanding of multiple products within a product suite and ability to analyze how new features/functionality will impact customers, the application, the system, and nonadjacent applications
- Understands and recommends priorities to ensure the team is successful and communicate risks to timelines and expectations
- Takes ownership of work and responsibility for own and team actions
- Ability to effectively lead and direct multiple products at various stages of development
- Ability to think strategically and take a proactive instead of a reactive approach to development
- Ensure team is engaged and promote/cultivate a positive culture
What we offer:
- 100% Employer Paid Health Insurance HSA or Base Plan, Dental, Life Insurance, AD&D Insurance, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability
- Paid Holidays and 4 weeks PTO
- Paid days off to Volunteer
- 401(k) Plan with employer match
- Competitive benefits and pay
- Small collaborative teams where you can impact both outcome and culture
- Ongoing professional development opportunities
- Join a rapidly growing company that promotes internally
Vanco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Who we are: For 30 years, Vanco has been helping schools, churches and nonprofits thrive. We provide technology that helps you stay connected to your community – your members, students, customers and friends. Vanco helps you securely accept donations and payments. We are proud to serve those who enrich our communities.
Apply now to start a conversation to see if this is a good fit!
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)