At Vanco, we serve those who enrich our communities. Vanco provides businesses, nonprofits and educational organizations a complete range of payment solutions and administrative software. Our solutions make payment processing simple and ease administrative burdens for faith-based groups, nonprofits and schools. We are a software payments company for community organizations, and every transaction tells a story.
An important part of who we are is our Vanco Values in Action. At Vanco, our employees:
- Clearly Care
- Own It
- Have Grit
The Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) ensures all products meet a high standard of quality and are in alignment with the needs of the business and customers. Design, create, maintain, and support software quality using industry leading technologies to develop and execute state of the art quality processes. Work with the entire Product Team in an Agile environment to ensure alignment of priorities and produce increments of value that are ready to deliver each sprint. Be responsible for quality throughout the entire SDLC by developing and enriching test automation, performance, and security solutions in a fast-paced CI/CD Agile delivery model.
Vanco is growing and is looking for a SDET to join our Payments Platform team. The Vanco Payments Platform team uses modern cloud technologies to develop and support the payment processing capabilities that are utilized by the Faith-Based and Education-Based products within Vanco. In this role, you would join our fun, and helpful development team that is highly dedicated to creating a world class Payment Platform.
For this position we are looking for engineer, particularly with expertise in back-end REST API testing with a focus on security, stability, and scalability. This role can be based in either our Bloomington, MN office, our Atlanta, GA Office, or Remote within the U.S.
What you’ll be doing:
- Design, develop, implement, and maintain automation scripts using a variety of tools
- Create, implement, and maintain strategic performance and/or load test strategy and suite
- Envision and implement industry leading automation strategies for functional and non-functional requirements
- Participates and provides feedback in Code Reviews for both production code as well as test automation code
- Execute, analyze, and communicate automated functional and non-functional results
- Implement and maintain CI/CD automated suite
- Effectively identifies and communicates defects while advocating for resolution
- Supports any critical or high priority issues identified post-production
- Collaborates with development counterparts to understand the architecture, design and implementation of any change within the application
- Derives estimates and/or story points
- Active participant and presenter in test case reviews
- Test cases are developed and reviewed while story is in code development and prior to code complete
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Who you are:
- Intermediate to advanced understanding of at least one product, and ability to analyze how new features/functionally will impact customers, the application, the system, and integrated applications (Preferred: Selenium, TestNG, Postman, SpecFlow, and Gherkin).
- Strong C# capabilities
- Ability to effectively analyze complicated problems within a product, perform risk and impact analysis and recommend solutions
- Ability to understand and communicate criticality of defects, roadblocks, security vulnerabilities and degradation of application performance
- Raises quality concerns quickly and accurately
- Ability to work independently as well as in a group setting
- Strong understanding of software development life cycle (SDLC)
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience
- 5 years of experience in test automation design, development, and implementation in web and/or mobile applications
What we offer:
- 100% Employer Paid Health Insurance HSA or Base Plan, Dental, Life Insurance, AD&D Insurance, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability
- Paid Holidays and 4 weeks PTO
- Paid days off to Volunteer
- 401(k) Plan with employer match
- Competitive benefits and pay
- Small collaborative teams where you can impact both outcome and culture
- Ongoing professional development opportunities
- Join a rapidly growing company that promotes internally
Vanco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Who we are: For 30 years, Vanco has been helping schools, churches and nonprofits thrive. We provide technology that helps you stay connected to your community – your members, students, customers and friends. Vanco helps you securely accept donations and payments. We are proud to serve those who enrich our communities.
Apply now to start a conversation to see if this is a good fit!
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)