At Vanco, we serve those who enrich our communities. Vanco provides businesses, nonprofits and educational organizations a complete range of payment solutions and administrative software. Our solutions make payment processing simple and ease administrative burdens for faith-based groups, nonprofits and schools. We are a software payments company for community organizations, and every transaction tells a story.
An important part of who we are is our Vanco Values in Action. At Vanco, our employees:
- Clearly Care
- Own It
- Have Grit
Our Senior Software Engineers will collaborate with developers inside and outside of the team, provide training, mentorship and subject matter expertise, and encourage a mindset of continuous improvement and embracing change. They will be responsible for effectively analyzing complex problems within a product, are recognized as a subject matter expert in at least one area of the product, perform risk and impact analysis, and recommend solutions by balancing the competing interests of simplicity, thoroughness, consistency, and innovation. They will actively provide input into technical design for products that affect their team’s current architectures.
Currently, Vanco is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Payments Platform team. The Vanco Payments Platform team uses modern cloud technologies to develops and supports the payment processing capabilities that are utilized by the Faith-Based and Education-Based products within Vanco. In this role, you would join our fun, and helpful development team that is highly dedicated to creating a world class Payment Platform.
We are looking for a full stack engineer, particularly with expertise in back-end REST API development with a focus on security, stability, and scalability. This role can be based in either our Bloomington, MN office, our Atlanta, GA Office, or Remote within the U.S.
What you’ll be doing:
- Collaborate with a scrum team to develop secure, stable, and scalable web applications in a cloud-native environment, employing industry best practices.
- Work closely with Product and Quality Assurance teams to define and refine task requirements and acceptance criteria and to ensure effective testing
- Collaborates with DevOps and Site Reliability Engineers to develop, deploy, and maintain cloud infrastructure and CI/CD pipelines
- Supports the Site Reliability Engineering team to troubleshoot and resolve any critical or high priority production issues
- Actively participates in a collaborative development environment and ensures application quality through code reviews, pair programming, etc.
- Effectively collaborates and communicates with product teams across the organization
- Mentors and trains team members on industry best practices and company processes
- Collaborates with, learns from, mentors and trains developers inside and outside the team to ensure high code and application quality including code reviews, pairing, unit testing, refining code standards, etc.
- Develops and maintains technical, non-technical, and on-boarding documentation
Who you are:
- Advanced knowledge of .NET Core 3.1 (or comparable technologies) and API development
- Advanced knowledge of at least one modern frontend technology (React, Angular, Vue, etc.) and frontend web development
- Experience in writing unit tests and proficiency in unit testing frameworks for both frontend and backend code
- Experience with cloud-native web development and at least one cloud development platform (Azure, AWS, Google Cloud, etc.)
- Desire and ability to mentor and train new and junior team members
- Intermediate knowledge of data modeling and writing performant database queries
- Intermediate knowledge of security principles and how to proactively avoid and resolve security vulnerabilities
- Advanced understanding of the software development life cycle (SDLC) and software development best practices, including Agile/Scrum methodology
- Actively engages in all team meetings and maintains close communication with all team members
- Displays and encourages a mindset of continuous improvement and is adaptable to changing conditions and priorities
- Ability to effectively and efficiently communicate with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Ability to effectively analyze complex problems within a product suite, perform risk and impact analysis, and identify solutions by balancing the competing interests of simplicity, thoroughness, consistency and innovation
- Ability to manage and communicate cross-application impacts, priorities, and concerns across multiple products and scrum teams
- Self-organizes and effectively manages development, support, and operational responsibilities
What we offer:
- 100% Employer Paid Health Insurance HSA or Base Plan, Dental, Life Insurance, AD&D Insurance, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability
- Paid Holidays and 4 weeks PTO
- Paid days off to Volunteer
- 401(k) Plan with employer match
- Competitive benefits and pay
- Small collaborative teams where you can impact both outcome and culture
- Ongoing professional development opportunities
- Join a rapidly growing company that promotes internally
Vanco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Who we are: For 30 years, Vanco has been helping schools, churches and nonprofits thrive. We provide technology that helps you stay connected to your community – your members, students, customers and friends. Vanco helps you securely accept donations and payments. We are proud to serve those who enrich our communities.
Apply now to start a conversation to see if this is a good fit!
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)