At Vanco, we serve those who enrich our communities. Vanco provides businesses, nonprofits and educational organizations a complete range of payment solutions and administrative software. Our solutions make payment processing simple and ease administrative burdens for faith-based groups, nonprofits and schools. We are a software payments company for community organizations, and every transaction tells a story.
An important part of who we are is our Vanco Values in Action. At Vanco, our employees:
• Clearly Care
• Own It
• Have Grit
Vanco is excited to expand our Marketing team by adding 2 new Product Marketing Manager opportunities to support our Education and Faith markets. This role can be based in either our Bloomington, MN office, our Atlanta, GA Office, or Remote within the U.S.
As a product marketing manager, you are responsible for making your products “fly-off the shelf.” This role is not about doing demos or presenting product features (although these may sometimes occur). Rather, this role is the glue that binds our product strategy to the tactics we need to drive success in sales and marketing and to achieve results.
You will be the product evangelist and will play an integral role in organizing product launches. You know our competitors like the back of your hand: what they do today and what they plan to do in the future. You also know our buyers better than they know themselves, including how they make their buying decisions. This isn’t guesswork. You back up strategic insights with market evidence and then use that knowledge to drive the development of positioning and messaging that resonates with buyers and empowers our sales channels to be successful.
You will collaborate with our marketing team to develop innovative content and programs that drive demand. An attention to detail and eye for quality are critical to your success, along with an ability to grasp and present our product’s value proposition in a way that resonates and clearly articulates how we solve our buyers’ problems. You are obsessed with tracking performance and have the data to prove what’s working and what isn’t. In addition to the marketing team, you will regularly collaborate with product managers and sales channels; it’s a balancing act that requires strong diplomatic skills, including knowing when to push back and when to dive in.
What you’ll be doing:
- Market intelligence—be the expert on our buyers, who are they, how they buy and their key buying criteria.
- Understand the competitive landscape—be an expert on our competition and how they are positioned.
- Collaborate with product management and marketing communications to develop product positioning and messaging that resonate with our target buyer personas.
- Understand and document our buyer’s process, including where they get information, and the who, what, when and why behind the decisions they make. Then drive changes to our sales and marketing processes based on what you learn.
- Evaluate current marketing content and define and produce new content to support the retention of existing customers and the acquisition of new customers.
- Assess the effectiveness of the marketing programs and content that support your products on an ongoing basis, and report back to the business on required changes.
- Plan the launches of net-new products and releases of existing products and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan.
- Act as the primary thought leader for the products you support externally, including speaking engagements and written works.
- Understand and support our sales channels; train them on the problems we solve for our buyers and users; develop internal tools and external collateral and teach them how and when to use it.
Who you are:
- Experienced Product Marketer with at least 2 years of experience in a market-facing role (e.g., delivering presentations to customers and prospects, responsibility for content calendar and writing marketing content, directly involved in conducting competitor analysis and performing market research)
- Strong content writer and good understanding of content mapping to the marketing and sales funnel
- Familiar with marketing automation tools such as Marketo, Pardot, HubSpot, and Google Analytics.
- Power user of networking tools such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
- Exceptional ROI-tracking skills, able to prove what is –or isn’t—working
- Must be a strong public speaker, comfortable in front of large, senior groups, and a solid writer.
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with staff, colleagues, cross-functional teams and third parties. Team player!
- Pragmatic Institute Certified (PMC) is higher preferred.
What we offer:
- 100% Employer Paid Health Insurance HSA or Base Plan, Dental, Life Insurance, AD&D Insurance, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability
- Paid Holidays and 4 weeks PTO
- Paid days off to Volunteer
- 401(k) Plan with employer match
- Competitive benefits and pay
- Small collaborative teams where you can impact both outcome and culture
- Ongoing professional development opportunities
- Join a rapidly growing company that promotes internally
Vanco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Who we are: For 30 years, Vanco has been helping schools, churches and nonprofits thrive. We provide technology that helps you stay connected to your community – your members, students, customers and friends. Vanco helps you securely accept donations and payments. We are proud to serve those who enrich our communities.
Apply now to start a conversation to see if this is a good fit!
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)