At Vanco, we serve those who enrich our communities. Vanco provides businesses, nonprofits and educational organizations a complete range of payment solutions and administrative software. Our solutions make payment processing simple and ease administrative burdens for faith-based groups, nonprofits and schools. We are a software payments company for community organizations, and every transaction tells a story.
An important part of who we are is our Vanco Values in Action. At Vanco, our employees:
· Clearly Care
· Own It
· Have Grit
Vanco is looking to add a Senior Accountant to our team!
What you’ll be doing:
As a Senior Accountant, you will:
· Maintain accounting principles, practices, and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements for both internal and external audiences.
· Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly, and year-end close.
· Responsible for all basic accounting procedures; journal entries; balance sheet reconciliations; financial statement supporting schedules and analysis.
· Review, analyze and reconcile general ledger accounts and bank accounts.
· Ensure timely and accurate filings for tax, compliance, business licenses and state requirements.
· Support annual financial audit and ensure audit report is issued prior to lender deadlines.
· Prepare cash forecast that will help direct company decisions.
· Maintain business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
· Assist Accounting Manager and Controller with ad-hoc requests.
· Other finance and administrative duties as required.
Who are you:
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
· CPA preferred, but not required
· Audit experience preferred, but not required
· 5+ years of progressive accounting experience
· Thorough working knowledge of general accounting, including application of general accounting theory, journal entries, financial variance analysis, reconciliations.
· Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills, attention to detail, ability to prioritize multiple and fluctuating priorities to meet deadlines in a fast- paced environment.
· Promotes discretion in handing sensitive and confidential documents and situations.
· Ability to work without direct supervision, take ownership of work product and efficiently manage tasks and time.
· Fosters a positive and collaborative working relationships within the department and companywide.
· Dedicated to personal and company core values.
What we offer:
· While this role will be based from our Atlanta, GA office, our team is currently working from home as we navigate COVID-19.
· 100% Employer Paid Health Insurance HSA or Base Plan, Dental, Life Insurance, AD&D Insurance, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability
· Additional benefits include Vision, Accident, Critical Illness, Voluntary Life & AD&D
· Paid Holidays and 4 weeks PTO
· 24 hours of paid Volunteer time
· 401(k) Plan with employer match
· Competitive benefits and pay
· Small, collaborative teams where you can impact both outcome and culture
· Ongoing professional development opportunities
· Join a rapidly growing company that promotes internally