At Vanco, we serve those who enrich our communities. Vanco provides businesses, nonprofits and educational organizations a complete range of payment solutions and administrative software.
Our solutions make payment processing simple and ease administrative burdens for faith-based groups, nonprofits and schools. We are a software payments company for community organizations, and every transaction tells a story. An important part of who we are is our Vanco Values in Action. At Vanco, our employees:
- Clearly Care
- Own It
- Have Grit
Do you have a passion for design? Are you excited about a high growth, fast-paced organization?
Vanco is looking for a Designer to join our Product team.
In this role, you will champion the design function at Vanco by firmly establishing the role of design in the software development lifecycle, leading empathetic user research, and partnering closely with product and development counterparts to represent the user and design an integrated user experience in an evolving product portfolio.
We are looking for someone who can function as both a functional expert and team contributor as we solve market and user challenges. This full time position is open to MN, GA, TX, CA or remote.
What you’ll be doing:
- Be involved in every aspect of the product development process, from brainstorming the next great product innovation to tweaking pixels right before launch
- Conduct and assist with generative and evaluative research to ground product decisions in users’ needs
- Work with engineers and product managers to define both the long-term strategy and the short-term user experience for our products
- Sometimes work on very broadly defined, loose concepts, and sometimes on narrowly defined, tactical deliverables
- Create wireframes, mockups, and prototypes – and work with engineers to ensure your designs are implemented as designed
- Test, learn, and iterate on everything you do
Who you are:
- Highly skilled at UI, UX, and visual design
- Understand how to gather product requirements, incorporate research, frame the problem, focus on the user, explore multiple solutions, and articulate a clear design direction
- Experienced with conducting user research
- Able to know when to apply standards to new features and when to establish new patterns
- Experience using, maintaining and evolving design systems
- Skilled in explaining your work, process, and decisions to cross-functional stakeholders
- Crave feedback to help you produce your best work and experienced with design critiques
- Highly proficient with design and prototyping tools (Figma, Sketch, Principle, InVision Studio, etc.)
- Flexible and comfortable with ambiguity and change during a project
- Think in systems and understand how to establish and maintain a vision while executing on tactical nearer-term goals
- Care about details and are excited to keep pushing your work
- Have familiarity with accessibility standards and inclusive design practices
- Have 5+ years of relevant design experience at a tech, product-driven company
What we offer:
- 100% Employer Paid Health Insurance Base Plan plus Dental, Vision, Life and Accident Insurance
- Paid Holidays and 4 weeks PTO
- 401(k) Plan with employer match
- Opportunities to lead and develop processes and structure
- Competitive benefits and pay
- Small collaborative teams where you can impact both outcome and culture
- Ongoing professional development opportunities
- Volunteer opportunities organized by the company
- Join a rapidly growing company that promotes internally
Vanco is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Vanco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Who we are: Vanco provides businesses, nonprofits, and education organizations a completely range of payments soluations and administrative software. Our solutions make payments processing simple and ease administrative burdens for faith-based groups, nonprofits and schools.
Apply now to start a conversation to see if this is a good fit!
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)